16.1.11

Spring 2011, ten trends of the season

Thakoon, Marc Jacobs, Cynthia Steffe
Runaways went retro with a look back to the seventies

Ruffian, Louis Vuitton, Altuzarra
Cue the jungle metaphors. Animal print, from python to leopard, to giraffe

Stella MacCartney, Elie Tahari, Celine
Denim-on-denim it's chic

Calvin Klein, Derek Lam, Prabal Gurung
Legs are pretty well hidden. Hemlines have dropped and now hit the shin

Costume National, Carolina Herrera, BCBG Max Azria
One of the big colors is eye-opening: orange

Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Basso and Brooke
Prints and patterns mixed. Don't worry about clashing, it's required

Valentno, Richard Chai, Jason Wu
Sheer has stuck aroud for seasons and will be layering up for Spring and beyond

Prada, Jill Sander, Aquilano Rimondi
Stripes are here to stay for a season or two

Calvin Klein, Valentino, Elie Tahari
All white, or mostly white is the new uniform

Chris Benz, Malandrino, Dries Van Noten
Pants chill out with super wide legs
Ontem como vos disse fui ver os saldos, mas a verdade é que já não havia muita coisa que valesse a pena, talvez tenha ido muito tarde e já esteja tudo escolhido. Mas todos os anos por esta altura a minha atenção está mais virada para as novas colecções.
Resultado: Não vim de mãos vazias como é obvio mas já comprei algumas peças da nova estação que mostrarei mais tarde...
As imagens que vos deixo acima é um apanhado das tendências da próxima estação. E que venha ela porque estou farta deste frio e de ter o nariz sempre a pingar!!

As I told you yesterday I went to see the sales, but the truth is that there was not much that's worth it, maybe I have gone too late and everything is already taken. But every year around this time my attention is towards the new collections.
Result: I did not come empty-handed as it is obvious but I bought some pieces of the new season that I will show you later ...
The images I leave you above is a summary of the trends for the next season. And I hope Spring comes fast because I'm tired of this cold and having my nose running all the time!


1 comentário: